Can Getting Back Together After a Very Long Time Apart Actually Work?

So can getting back together after a very long time apart work? That will really depend on how much you and your ex want it to happen and what caused the split up in the first place.If your friends and family are behind you, You are more likely to succeed.

Often we break up when we are young, as we are both immature and just don't know what we have; until we lose it. Other times we can kill off a relationship, because we relocate with our jobs or our families. Often the break up has nothing to do with the people involved just the timing or distance is wrong.

But sometimes there were specfic reasons why we broke up and if these reasons still exist, then you need to work out why you want to get back together. Absence can make the heart grow fonder but be aware that memories get distorted and you could be remembering events that didn't quite happen that way. Experts call this the "rose coloured glasses" effect.

However, if you are thinking of getting back together after a long time apart, there must be a physical and emotional attraction between the two of you. Physical attraction is great and this is what generally brings couples together initially. But unless it is accompanied or followed over time by an emotional connection, the physical stuff just isn't enough to sustain a relationship.

Long term successful partnerships are based on mutual respect, love and commitment. If you miss out any of these three key ingredients your chances of spending your twilight years together diminish. I know that Hollywood films would have you believe that a great romance is based on lust and physical attraction. You can be easily fooled into thinking the man just has to sweep you off your feet and you will live happily ever after.

Unfortunately, real life isn't like that and you will have certain trials to face as a couple. A couple who are deeply committed to each other, on every level, is much more likely to survive the problems; real life throws at them.

Perhaps you two were together for a long time. Maybe you even had a family together before you split up. If this is the case, you need to be sure that you are getting back together for the right reasons and not because your kids want you to. Just as a couple should never stay with each other solely for the sake of their children, nor should they get romantically involved again for this reason.

Getting back together after a very long time apart usually can be very exciting . But it will be better to slow down things and who knows, may be marriage or a remarriage may just be waiting for you on the other site.

I wish you the best



2 comments:

  1. I love you. I love every little thing about you. I love your cute smile, your magical eyes, and the sound of your voice. I love your gentle touch, and I love the warmth I feel when I’m by your side. I can't stop thinking about you when we are apart. I need you by my side. You complete me. You mean the world to me. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are the one I've always wished for. I never thought that I would ever meet someone as special as you. I love each and every moment I share with you.

    • Chocolate
    • Flowers
    • Sexy Pics of You
    • Pillowcase Messages
    • The Gift of Time
    • 10 Reasons I Love You
    • Love Coupons
    • Love Rocks
    • A Love Poem
    • A Love Letter

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how far apart you two have grown from each other
    Married dating site for those looking for a married affair, or in a relationship,
    and looking for a marital affair or married dating.
    www.marriedaffair.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails